Career PowerPoint Presentation
Youth research a career of their choice. They discover the value of staying in school, and obtaining higher education or further training for rewarding careers.
- 3 keys to a happy career
- Career description
- Earnings & salary
- High school education
- Higher education & training
- Professional certificates
- Bibliography, plagiarism & copyright
Text Portraits: Creating Resumes
Youth learn that a resume is a personal reflection, or “self-portrait” in words. They create useful one-page resumes to showcase their accomplishments and abilities to seek age-appropriate work.
- Resume guidelines
- What is work: internships, volunteering
- Creative objectives
- Education & training
- Work & service experience
- Activities & special accomplishments
- Special skills & hobbies
The Game Plan: Job Searches
The Job Search training teaches youth how to approach and find work that best matches their abilities and needs.
- Skills and education required
- Income and expenses
- Personal and family needs
The Game Plan: Job Applications
The Job Application training shows youth how to fill out hard copy and electronic applications.
- Look before you leap
- Accurate information
- Complete applications
Text Portraits: Cover Letters
Youth learn how to tailor cover letters so with resumes they can secure an interview to land a job.
- Elements of a cover letter
- Samples and template